Saturday 18 January 2014

THE BUILD UP #4


Airline Prep


The Build Up:
Gappers 2013


I had a wait of about 6 months before my course started so I decided to find a job to earn some money for my living expenses. As luck would have it, a job at my old school came up for the exact amount of time that I was looking to work. So for one term I worked at Ardingly as a gap student and although I was worked hard, I enjoyed being back and spending most the time coaching sport. It was a great way of earning money and saying a final goodbye to the school that gave me so many happy memories. 
An insight into CBT

About two weeks before heading down to Southampton we were sent the CBT (computer based training) soft wear which was exciting. I had to complete a few maths and physics lessons and tests before starting, just to make sure I was familiar with the kind of basic knowledge needed for the course. It wasn’t anything too daunting, mainly GCSE and AS standard, which I have to admit I struggled to remember at first! But after a bit of gentle reminding it gradually came back to me (I could hear the gears cranking up in my brain!) 

A small section of hydraulics
With all of the maths and physics passed I spent the remaining time reading ahead on AGK (aircraft general knowledge) to make the first few lessons a little less daunting. Some of it seems quite complex (as you’d expect with an advanced jet airliner), but generally it seems ok so far. It’s nice studying something that I’m actually interested in!

No comments:

Post a Comment