Monday 11 May 2015

WEEK 67: FIRST FLIGHTS #51

Airline Prep
It was a rather frustrating week thanks to the weather. I was due to have four flights this week but because of a bank holiday on Monday and very strong winds on Tuesday and Wednesday, I only ended up getting two flights done.

The forecast. Not too keen on surface winds gusting 44 kts! 


The first flight was just an hour training at Bournemouth. I took off, entered the hold, did the NDB procedure, a missed approach with a simulated engine failure then an asymmetric low level circuit.



The second was an IR profile to Alderney and back. I did an RNAV approach and NDB approach at Alderney (otherwise known as the 'dive and drive') then a radar vectored ILS and an asymmetric low level circuit.

The first flight went pretty well I thought but I was a bit slow off the blocks on the second. It took me about twenty minutes to settle into it but after that it went fairly well. I think it's because as we were taxiing out we had a 'door open' sign which meant we had to taxi back to CTC, shut down, get out and check everything, restart and taxi out again, so it all felt a bit rushed. Then when I went to full power for take off, one of the engines wasn't going to 100% but we decided to continue and keep a close eye on it. Thankfully we didn't have any problems but nonetheless it was something else to add to the stress.

The Foggles - replacing the hood and screens

In the hold over Alderney 



My room. what an effort

In the act



Card from DJ

Big turtle in the Bournemouth oceanarium


Not a bad dessert


I'm hoping to start pushing on a bit now, I'd like to be done with this IR as soon as possible and move one step closer to finishing! I guess I just need to wait and see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment