Friday 17 July 2015

Joining Team Orange! #56

My next aircraft!


The new office!

I've just been given the news that I will be flying the A319/20 for easyJet. I can't believe how quickly things have happened and it really goes to show that hard work and determination does pay off. easyJet was the airline I've wanted to fly for since the start of my training so I'm sure you can imagine the jubilance when I got the good news!

It took three days for my AQC report to be written and to be told I had a place in the holding pool. Just three minutes later I received an email saying I had a selection day with easyJet in a weeks time. So I started work straight away and worked solidly for the next few days making sure I was well prepared for the interview.

I spent a lot of time on the easyJet corporate site, researching the current fleet, orders, routes, bases, values, ambitions etc. I read plenty of articles online to see what was new in the press with the airline and rival airlines and what issues were going on in the world that may effect the industry and easyJet specifically. I also made sure I had a good selection of examples to do with work ethic, challenges, risk-taking, teamwork, communication, leadership, failures, initiative, pressure, decision-making, flexibility, conflict, customer service, SOP's and complex situations.

There was plenty to do but I felt well prepared going into the selection day.

The selection day was held at Dibden Manor. There were twelve on the selection and I knew all but three or four of them which was good because it meant we all felt a bit more comfortable. The day started with a presentation on easyJet and we were asked to contribute a bit and show off what we'd learnt about the company.

We were then split into two groups of six for the group exercises. We did two group exercises and we were asked to not reveal the information from that so sorry! But what I will say is make sure you've done your research on the company and just like applying to CTC in the first place, make sure you constantly stay involved and find the right balance between contributing and listening.

The day was then topped off by a one on one interview which lasted about fourty minutes. Having prepared well, thankfully there weren't any questions that caught me out. I was able to recall the examples I'd been practising and made sure I expressed how passionate I was about flying and flying for easyJet in particular.

All the recruitment team were really nice and did their best to make you feel as relaxed as possible.

Three days later I received the wonderful email confirming that I'd passed and wow what an amazing feeling that was!

I should start finding out when and where my type rating is soon and I will keep the blog going throughout that and the line training.

I'm certain I'm going to be very happy at easyJet and can't wait to start flying for them!

I'd just like to express how grateful I am to my family, friends, course mates and all the people who have helped me along the way. What I love about aviation is that everyone seems to be friendly and willing to give you as much information as possible to help. I definitely wouldn't have got this far if it wasn't for them!

Airline Prep



1 comment:

  1. Harry, congratulations! I'm just coming to the end of my training and I'm considering the flexicrew option. Can you please confirm whether or not you had to pay for your TR and LT and if so, did EZY offer any assistance?

    ReplyDelete